Whatya Doing תוכנה שפיתחתי (C#) לתיעוד משימות וזמן
You get to the office; get some coffee and the day starts: working, filling reports, answering phones, more working, having lunch, meetings, more working (and a lot more coffee). When you lift your head, you see that it's already dark outside and sometimes you ask yourself where the time went.
Whatya doing? Simple, easy to use with clean user interface time management utility. Be effective, track your activities and keep a clear record on exactly how much time you actually spend on tasks and projects. . No installation needed.
I did my best to assure that there are no annoying bugs in this project. But please note, that as in every new project, many things can go wrong. Not every case can be tested and many things cannot be seen even after they are tested. If there is something that doesn't work, or you think should work differently, before you give your vote, write a remark and give me a chance to fix it.
Download here: Whatyadoing
This is the main application window that pops up at every time interval for you to fill what you've been doing since the last run. – Most of the things you see here can be edited/updated/designed from the Application Options.
- Application title (caption – can be customized)
- Date (Date format is adjustable, caption – can be customized)
- Time (time or total hours, per definition, caption – can be customized)
- Notes History (can be disabled from the options menu)
- Notes (caption – can be customized)
- Skip this time (cancel button, caption – can be customized)
- OK (Save button, caption – can be customized)
- Footer image (can be customized or removed)
When I created this application, people that I talked to had different requests and opinions on how it should be and I wanted to make an application that will be as dynamic as possible. In the settings section, there are over 20 groups of options. Most of the application design and behavior in the small application are fully controlled and can be customized as you want. If you think I missed any option, let me know.
In the General tab, you can set the basic definitions to start using the application. I strongly suggest you start here. Time Between Pop Ups (In minutes): will be the time interval between application popups. Note that the time will be from the last OK/Skip action. For a sample, if you wanted the application to popup every hour, you should set the value to 60. After 60 minutes, the application will popup asking for input and will wait until you enter it. When you click OK/Skip, then the application restarts the 60 minutes count down.
- Excel Path: the path you want the system to save its output. please remember to set this path and make sure that you have permission to write to that destination.
- Excel Name: name of CSV file. Currently the output is only CSV file.
- View File: will open the file in the default related system application (should be Excel but could also be Notepad)
- Show in Directory: will open the target directory without opening the file.
- Color Scheme Designer: design the application color combinations. Try to choose coolers that work together well. You can control the color of the Body, Frame, Labels, Textboxes and Text.
- Captions: from this section, you can control the captions in the applications.
Date and Time
Date Structure: Every country has its own rules when it comes to date format and I tried to support several main formats. Basic components of a calendar date: Y – Year, M – Month, D – Day
Specific formats for the basic components:
- yy – Two-digit year, e.g. 79
- yyyy – Four-digit year, e.g. 1979
- mm – Two-digit month, e.g. 07
- dd – Two-digit day, e.g. 09
Date Parts Separator: There are 3 separators available:
- "/" – Slash
- "." – Dots or full stops
- "-" – Hyphens or dashes
Please note that the application will change any other separator other than the one selected.
For New Record of Date:
- Use last entered Date
- Just leave blank
- Always put today
As per ISO 8601, we use 24-hour clock system. [hh] refers to a zero-padded hour between 00 and 24 . [mm] refers to a zero-padded minute between 00 and 59.
Time Type: There are 2 options for the Time format you want to report.
- Keep as time: Meaning you want to keep a time for the note. e.g 12:57
- Enter Total Hours: meaning you want to keep total hours per note. e.g 7
For New Record of Time:
- Use last entered Time
- Just leave blank
- Always put Now (time of Popup)
Notes and Footer
Footer Image: Selection of Footer image (or none if you don’t like it…). You can also double click the footer image in the main application window and it will change in circle to the next one.
For New Record of Note:
- Use last entered Note
- Just leave blank
Notes History: Should the application save the last 5 entered notes? This is used for quick entering and could be useful if you have tasks that repeat.
In the advance tab, I added access to more settings in the application (well most of them anyway). You can reset the application and also control the application transparency from here.
- 12th November, 2015 – Initial version (1.0.1)
This article, along with any associated source code and files, is licensed under The Code Project Open License (CPOL)